Ministry of Agriculture of Peru
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2009)|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
It was created by Law 9711 on January 2, 1943 by the government of president Manuel Prado Ugarteche. Its main function is the overseeing and regulation of the agrarian sector of the country. The current Minister of Agriculture of Peru is Milton Martín von Hesse La Serna
The Ministry of Agriculture is organized into:
- Minister of Agriculture
- Viceminister of Agriculture
- Secretary General
- Agrarian Advisory Council
- Internal Auditing Office
- Public Attorney
- General Office of Agrarian Planning
- General Office of Legal Assistance
- General Administration Office
- General Directorate of Agricultural Information
- General Directorate of Agricultural Promotion
- Regional Agricultural Governing Bodies
- Agricultural Agencies
1. Fortify agriculturally producing organizations and to promote their integration under the focus of managing watersheds and production chains.
2. Encouraging technological innovations and training directed towards agricultural producers by providing technical assistance.
3. Establishing a system of agricultural information allowing producers to have an efficient decision-making process for their business.
4. Facilitate agricultural producers with access to legal, administrative, management, financial, technical, sanitary, and other assistance permitting the producer to better their enterprise.
5. To facilitate the articulation of smallholder agriculture to a market economy, by establishing policies for the proper use of natural resources.