Nakashipara (community development block)
নাকাশীপাড়া সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||355.89 km2 (137.41 sq mi)|
|• Density||940/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Krishnanagar|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Nakashipara, Palashipara|
Nakashipara (community development block) is an administrative division in Krishnanagar Sadar subdivision of Nadia district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Nakashipara police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Nakashipara. There are two census towns in this block: Jagadanandapur and Kshidirpur.12
Nakashipara is located at.
Nadia district is mostly alluvial plains lying to the east of Hooghly River, locally known as Bhagirathi. The alluvial plains are cut across by such distributaries as Jalangi, Churni and Ichhamati. With these rivers getting silted up, floods are a recurring feature.3
Gram panchayats of Nakashipara block/ panchayat samiti are: Bethuadahari I, Bethuadahari II, Bikrampur, Bilkumari, Billwagram, Birpur I, Birpur II, Dhananjoypur, Dharmada, Dogachhia, Haranagar, Majhergram, Muragacha, Nakashipara and Patikabari.4
As per 2001 census, Nakashipara block had a total population of 334,863, out of which 172,400 were males and 162,463 were females. Nakashipara block registered a population growth of 22.72 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 19.51 per cent.2Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.5
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Nadia district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Nadia district (10). Census Commissioner of India. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- Gangopadhyay, Basudev, Paschimbanga Parichay, 2001, (Bengali), p. 70, Sishu Sahitya Sansad
- "Nadia district". NREGA activities - Block Performance MIS vs MPR. Nadia district administration. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-03-25.