South Carolina counties (clickable map)
This is a list of properties and historic districts in South Carolina that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There are listings in all 46 of South Carolina's 46 counties.
- This National Park Service list is complete through NPS recent listings posted April 19, 2013.1
Current listings by county
The following are approximate tallies of current listings by county. These counts are based on entries in the National Register Information Database as of April 24, 20082 and new weekly listings posted since then on the National Register of Historic Places web site. There are frequent additions to the listings and occasional delistings and the counts here are approximate and not official.3 Also, the counts in this table exclude boundary increase and decrease listings which only modify the area covered by an existing property or district, although carrying a separate National Register reference number.
- ^ "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 19, 2013.
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- ^ "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service. Retrieved January 2, 2009.
- ^ Duplicate listings are: Ashley River Historic District, Ashley River Road, Secessionville Historic District
- ^ The following sites are listed in multiple counties: Ashley River Historic District (Charleston and Dorchester), Ashley River Road (Charleston and Dorchester), Gervais Street Bridge (Lexington and Richland), Kings Mountain National Military Park (Cherokee and York), Middleton Place (Charleston and Dorchester), Pendleton Historic District (Anderson, Oconee and Pickens).