National Register of Historic Places listings in Tolland County, Connecticut
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Tolland County, Connecticut.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Tolland County, Connecticut, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.1
There are 49 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|3||Name on the Register4||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Andover Center Historic District||April 18, 2003||Roughly along Hebron Rd., Boston Hill Rd., and U.S. Route 6
|2||Bolton Green Historic District||April 12, 2001||Roughly the Green, 219, 220, 222, 228, 233, 266 Bolton Center Rd. and 3 Hebron Rd.
|3||Brigham's Tavern||March 25, 1982||12 Boston Turnpike
|4||John Cady House||April 12, 1982||484 Mile Hill Rd.
|5||Capron-Phillips House||April 27, 1982||1129 Main St.
|6||Captain Nathan Hale Monument||January 28, 2002||120 Lake St.
|7||Columbia Green Historic District||December 6, 1990||Along CT 87 at its junction with CT 66
|8||Jared Cone House||February 21, 1990||25 Hebron Rd.
|9||Coventry Glass Factory Historic District||August 27, 1987||U.S. Route 44 and N. River Rd.
|10||Eldredge Mills Archeological District||October 20, 2000||Address Restricted
|11||Ellington Center Historic District||November 15, 1990||Roughly Maple St. from Berr Ave. to just west of the High School and Main St. from Jobs Hill Rd. to East Green
|12||Farwell Barn||January 26, 2001||Horsebarn Hill Rd.
||Mansfield||Also known as the Jacobson Barn; on the UConn campus|
|13||Fifth Camp of Rochambeau's Infantry||April 30, 2001||Bolton Heritage Farm5
|14||Florence Mill||July 18, 1978||121 W. Main St.
|15||Gurleyville Historic District||December 30, 1975||North of Mansfield Center off CT 195 at the junction of Gurleyville and Chaffeeville Rds.
|16||Nathan Hale Homestead||October 22, 1970||South St.
|17||Hebron Center Historic District||July 30, 1993||Church, Gilead, Main, Wall, and West Sts. and Marjorie Cir.
|18||Knesseth Israel Synagogue||July 21, 1995||236 Pinney St.
|19||Loomis-Pomeroy House||April 26, 1994||1747 Boston Tpk.
|20||Mansfield Center Cemetery||July 24, 1992||Junction of Storrs and Cemetery Rds.
|21||Mansfield Center Historic District||February 23, 1972||Storrs Rd.
|22||Mansfield Hollow Dam||April 12, 2009||141 Mansfield Hollow Rd.
||Mansfield and Windham||Extends into Windham County|
|23||Mansfield Hollow Historic District||May 21, 1979||86-127 Mansfield Hollow Rd.
|24||Mansfield Training School and Hospital||December 22, 1987||Junction of CT 32 and CT 44
|25||March Route of Rochambeau's Army: Bailey Road||January 8, 2003||Bailey Rd.
|26||March Route Rochambeau's Army-Hutchinson Road||May 6, 2002||Hutchinson Road from its junction with Hendee Rd. southward to its end
|27||Minterburn Mill||February 16, 1984||215 E. Main St.
|28||Old Rockville High School and East School||April 27, 1981||School and Park Sts.
||Vernon||Now the Board of Education building|
|29||Oliver White Tavern||May 6, 2002||2 Brandy St.
|30||Parker-Hutchinson Farm||April 29, 1982||Parker Bridge Rd.
|31||Augustus Post House||June 28, 1982||4 Main St.
|32||Rockville Historic District||September 13, 1984||Roughly bounded by Snipsic St., Davis Ave., and West and South Sts.
|33||Saxony Mill||November 10, 1983||66 West St.
||Vernon||Destroyed by fire in 1994.|
|34||Sharpe's Trout Hatchery Site||March 31, 1997||Valley Falls Park6
|35||Somers Historic District||September 23, 1982||Main and Battle Sts., Bugbee Lane, and Springfield Rd.
|36||Somersville Historic District||April 13, 1995||Roughly along Main, Maple and School Sts., Pinney and Shaker Rd. and Quality Ave.
|37||South Coventry Historic District||May 6, 1991||Roughly Main St. and adjacent streets from Armstrong Rd. to Lake St. and Lake from High St. to Main
|38||Elias Sprague House||November 2, 1987||2187 South St.
|39||Spring Hill Historic District||October 10, 1979||Roughly along Storrs Rd.
|40||Stafford Hollow Historic District||October 15, 1987||Roughly parts of Leonard, Murphy, Old Monson, Orcuttville, and Patten Rds.
|41||Strong House||January 15, 1988||2382 South St.
|42||Talcottville Historic District||January 5, 1989||13-44 Elm Hill Rd. and 11-132 Main St.
|43||Tolland Green Historic District||August 1, 1997||Roughly along Old Post, Tolland Stage, and Cider Mill Rds.
|44||Union Green Historic District||July 19, 1990||Roughly the area north of the junction of Buckley Highway and Cemetery Rd. to the junction of Kinney Hollow and Town Hall Rds.
|45||University of Connecticut Historic District-Connecticut Agricultural School||January 31, 1989||Roughly CT 195/Storrs Rd. at Eagleville Rd.
|46||Valley Falls Cotton Mill Site||March 28, 1997||Valley Falls Park68
|47||White's Tavern||July 26, 1991||131 U.S. Route 6
|48||Eleazer Williams House||March 11, 1971||Storrs Rd. (Route 195)
|49||Willington Common Historic District||December 18, 1990||Properties around Willington Common and east on the Tolland Turnpike past Old Farms Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Tolland County, Connecticut.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Connecticut
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Connecticut
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 6, 2013.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- "Bolton Heritage Farm Environmental Review". State of Connecticut. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "History of Valley Falls Park". The Tankerhoosen. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- Geocode coordinates based on description on Connecticut Commission on Culture and Tourism Historic Preservation and Museum Division web site.
- "Vernon Trails Brochure". Town of Vernon. Retrieved 2013-10-05.