New Brunswick Laboratory

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The New Brunswick Laboratory (NBL), is a Government-owned, Government-operated, center of excellence in the measurement science of nuclear materials. It was established in 1949 by the Atomic Energy Commission and was located in New Brunswick, New Jersey. It was relocated between 1975 and 1977 and is now located, as a Federal enclave, on the site of Argonne National Laboratory (ANL), about 40 kilometers (25 miles) southwest of Chicago, Illinois. NBL is part the Department of Energy's Office of Science Chicago Office.1

NBL is the U.S. Government's Nuclear Materials Measurements and Reference Materials Laboratory and the National Certifying Authority for nuclear reference materials and measurement calibration standards. As an internationally recognized Federal laboratory, NBL provides reference materials, measurement and interlaboratory measurement evaluation services, and technical expertise for evaluating measurement methods and safeguards measures in use at other facilities for a variety of Federal program sponsors and customers. NBL functions as a Network Laboratory for the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

References

  1. ^ "DOE's New Brunswick Lab To Celebrate 50th Anniversary". Laboratory Network. May 17, 1999. Retrieved 2013-05-09. 

External links

Coordinates: 41°42′16″N 87°58′55″W / 41.704331°N 87.982002°W / 41.704331; -87.982002









Creative Commons License