Patrizia Toia (born 17 March 1950 in Pogliano Milanese) is an Italian politician and Member of the European Parliament for North-West with the Partito Democratico, part of the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Industry, Research and Energy.
She is a substitute for the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs, a member of the Delegation to the EU-Chile Joint Parliamentary Committee and a substitute for the Delegation to the EU-Mexico Joint Parliamentary Committee.
- Graduate in political science (Università degli Studi, Milan)
- Specialised in strategic planning (Bocconi University, Milan)
- Managerial post at Executive Committee of the Lombardy Region
- Member of the federal executive and 'La Margherita' provincial party coordinator for Milan
- 1975-1985: Municipal Councillor of Vanzago (Milan)
- 1994-1995: Member of Lombardy Regional Council (1985–1995), Member of Regional Executive with responsibility for coordination of social services (1989–1990), health (1990–1991) and the budget
- 1995-1996: Member of the Chamber of Deputies of Italy
- 1996-2001: Under-Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Minister for Community Policies, Minister for Relations with Parliament
- 1996-2004: Senator
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Patrizia Toia.|
- European Parliament biography of Patrizia Toia (incl. Speeches, Questions and Motions)
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Italian)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|