Philip I. Kent
Mr. Kent is responsible for TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, Turner South, Boomerang, TNT Latin America, Cartoon Network Latin America, TCM & Cartoon Network in Europe, TCM & Cartoon Network in Asia Pacific, Cartoon Network Japan, CNN News Group, which includes CNN/U.S., CNN Headline News, CNN International, CNNfn, CNN Radio, CNN Newsource, CNN Airport Network and CNN.com.
Mr. Kent has overall responsibility for all news and entertainment advertising and distribution, as well as for all corporate administrative functions, Turner Sports, the Atlanta Braves and Turner Field.
- President and Chief Operating Officer of CNN America Inc. and Cable News Network LP LLP.
- President of Turner Broadcasting System International
- packaging agent in television department at Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
- In 1984, he was promoted to Vice President of Program Development of John Blair & Co.
- From August 2000 to August 2001, he served as President and Chief Operating Officer of CNN News Group
- Chairman Emeritus of The Advertising Council, Inc.
- Vice Chairman of The Advertising Council, Inc.
- Director of National Cable & Telecommunications Association, the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, Atlanta's Woodruff Arts Center and the Atlanta Braves.
Education: Earned a BA in Economics from Lehigh University.