List of Vietnamese political parties
This article lists political parties in Vietnam. Vietnam is a single-party state. This means that only one political party, the Communist Party of Vietnam (Đảng Cộng Sản Việt Nam) is legally allowed to hold effective power. Vietnamese elections conform to the popular front principle used in communist countries. The united front in Vietnam is called the Vietnamese Fatherland Front and is led by the Communist Party of Vietnam.
Although only the Communist Party of Vietnam is legal, other parties exist:
- People's Action Party of Vietnam (PAP) (Vietnamese: Đảng Nhân Dân Hành Động)
- Vietnam Progression Party (VNPP) (Đảng Thăng Tiến Việt Nam)
- Vietnam Populist Party (VPP) (Đảng Vì Dân Việt Nam)
- Democratic Party of Vietnam (Đảng Dân Chủ Việt Nam) 1
- Viet Tan Vietnam Reform Party (Việt Nam Canh Tân Cách Mạng Đảng)
- Bloc 8406
- Länder der Erde. Politisch-ökonomisches Handbuch. Berlin [Ost], 1971.