Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium
Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium during a home game of Rawalpindi Rams.
|Establishment||19th January 1992|
|Owner||Pakistan Cricket Board|
|Operator||Rawalpindi City Cricket Association|
|Tenants||Rawalpindi, Rawalpindi Rams, Pakistan|
|First Test||9 Dec – 14 Dec 1993: Pakistan v Zimbabwe|
|Last Test||13 Apr – 16 Apr 2004: Pakistan v India|
|First ODI||19 Jan 1992: Pakistan v Sri Lanka|
|Last ODI||5 Dec 2006: Pakistan v West Indies|
|As of 25 April 2011
Source: Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Cricinfo
Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium is the only international standard cricket stadium in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. This stadium has recently been expanded to cater for the ever increasing number of spectators for the game. With the increase in capacity, it can now hold around 25,000 spectators. The stadium hosted its first Test match in 1993.1
Before the construction of Rawalpindi cricket stadium, Rawalpindi Club Cricket Ground has been used as a venue for international matches, including one Test match against New Zealand that was held in March 1965. 
Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium was a prime spot in the 1995–96 Cricket World Cup. With an eye on the World Cup of 1996, unveiled another new Test venue for the second Test against Zimbabwe in Rawalpindi. Karachi staged Pakistan's first Test match and Rawalpindi Cricket stadium became the country's 14th Test ground. The flood lights were added in late 2001 when the Australians were set to tour the Region. The stadium is just 20 minutes from the capital Islamabad and is the only proper international stadium in the territory.
Perched on the edge of the city of almost four million people and only three miles away from the capital Islamabad. Rawalpindi was used last January for the fifth and final One Day International against Sri Lanka, which Pakistan won by 117 runs to win the one-day series by a margin of 4–1.
- First Test: Dec 9–14, 1993 – Pakistan v Zimbabwe.
- First ODI: Jan 19, 1992 – Pakistan v Sri Lanka.
- Highest Team Total: 600 India v Pakistan 13 Apr 2004
- Lowest Team Total: 139 WestIndies v Pakistan 29 Nov 1997
- Highest Individual Score: 270 R Dravid India v Pakistan 13 Apr 2004
- Highest partnership: 323 Aamer Sohail, Inzamam-ul-Haq Pakistan v West Indies 29 Nov 1997
29 fab 1998
- Highest team total:
- Lowest team total:
- Highest Run Chase Achieved:
- Highest Run Chase (Won or Loss):
- Highest individual score:
- Highest partnership:
- "Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium". ESPN Cricinfo. 17 June 2011. Retrieved 17 June 2011.