|IATA: QZN – ICAO: DAAZ|
|Elevation AMSL||282 ft / 86 m|
|Source:World Aero Data |
Relizane Airport (IATA: QZN, ICAO: DAAZ) is a civilian airport in Algeria, located 12.5 KM West-Northwest of Zemmora (Relizane); about 235 km west-southwest of Algeria. It is used by general aviation, with no scheduled commercial air service.
During World War II, it was a major Twelfth Air Force base of operations during the North African Campaign against the German Afrika Korps, used by the 60th Troop Carrier Group, flying C-47 Skytrain aircraft from the field between 27 November 1942 and May 1943.
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Accident history for QZN at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for DAAZ at Great Circle Mapper.
- Current weather for DAAZ at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for DAAZ at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about an airport in Algeria is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|