Sagar (community development block)
|Community development block|
|District||South 24 Parganas|
|• Total||194.60 sq mi (504.00 km2)|
|• Density||950/sq mi (368/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||77.87 per cent|
Sagar (community development block) (Bengali: সাগর সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Kakdwip subdivision of South 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Sagar police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Rudranagar.12
Dhablat, a constituent panchayat of Sagar block, is located at.
Gangasagar, the pilgrim centre, is located at .
As per 2011 census, Sagar block had a total population of 206,890, out of which 95,572 were males and 90,058 were females. Sagar block registered a population growth of 20.38 per cent during the 2001-2011 decade. Decadal growth for South 24 Parganas district was 20.89 per cent.2Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.4
As per 2001 census, Sagar block had a total literacy of 77.87 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 87.96 per cent female literacy was 67.12 per cent. South 24 Parganas district had a total literacy of 69.45 per cent, male literacy being 79.19 per cent and female literacy being 59.01 per cent.6
- Sagar Island travel guide from Wikivoyage
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". South 24 Parganas district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, South Twentyfour Parganas District (18)". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Annexure A of 322 (Sanction)-RD/CCA/BRGF/IC-02/08; Date: 27.03.2009 – Statement of Release of Development Grant under BRGF. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2011. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2011. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, South Twentyfour Parganas District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.