Warning: all items and those of a medical nature and/or pharmaceutical and/or legal published on Wikipedia (and in any part of TerritorioScuola Enhanced Wiki Alpha) must always be carefully checked before any use.
Although the first written mention of the noble family name "von Scheyde", from Scheyde, goes back to the year 1348, the first mention of the town itself does not appear until 1364. However, it is believed that there were settlements here during the construction of Laurenburg Castle in the 11th century. In the mid-17th century it became part of the County of Holzappel. In 1806, Scheidt became part of the Duchy of Nassau in Diez Office, which was annexed by Prussia in 1866. Since 1946 it has been part of Rhineland-Palatinate.