The Historic Columbia River Highway runs over the dell on a bridge that was the answer to one of the engineering challenges of the highway's construction. The dell was carved by a creek that includes two fairly substantial tumbling waterfalls. Due to the topography of the area, it is difficult to photograph the falls. As such, the bridge is what is normally pictured, and thus is arguably better known than the dell itself.
- "Shepperds Dell". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shepperd's Dell.|
- Shepperd's Dell State Park
- Historic American Engineering Record report on Shepperd's Dell Bridge
- Vintage Postcards of Shepperd's Dell and Shepperd's Dell Bridge
- Historic Columbia River Highway