|IATA: SKI – ICAO: DABP|
|4,413 (est)||1,337 (est)||concrete|
|Source:World Aero Data |
The airport is not used any longer. The area is now used as a storage for construction materials.
During World War II, the facility was known as "Philippeville Airfield". It was a major Twelfth Air Force base of operations during the North African Campaign against the German Afrika Korps. The 310th Bombardment Group flew B-25 Mitchells from the airfield between 10 November-10 December 1943
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Mauer, Mauer (1969), Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II, Air Force Historical Studies Office, Maxwell AFB, Alabama. ISBN 0-89201-097-5
- USAFHRA search for Philippeville Airfield
- Accident history for SKI at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for DABP at Great Circle Mapper.
- Current weather for DABP at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for DABP at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about an airport in Algeria is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|