Warning: all items and those of a medical nature and/or pharmaceutical and/or legal published on Wikipedia (and in any part of TerritorioScuola Enhanced Wiki Alpha) must always be carefully checked before any use.
Somersville was founded in the 1850s2 by gold miners. The town is no longer populated and is within the boundaries of the East Bay Regional Park District's Black Diamond Mines Regional Park.2 Somersville Road was named after the town; it is a major north-south arterial trunk road in the closest existing neighbor: Antioch. Somersville's ruins contain a fairly extensive amount of graves in its cemetery,2 many of whom are dead miners who died in accidents in the coal mines.2 The Somersville mines are now sealed to prevent entry due to frequent incidents of people becoming lost inside them during the mid 20th century.2
A post office operated at Somersville from 1863 to 1910.3 The name is in honor of Francis Somers, coal mine founder.3