Street & Racing Technology
Street & Racing Technology (commonly called SRT) is a high-performance automobile group within Chrysler LLC. SRT began as "Team Viper" to develop the Dodge Viper. It later merged with "Team Prowler", the developers of the Plymouth Prowler, to become Specialty Vehicle Engineering (SVE). This was renamed Performance Vehicle Operations (PVO). Since all PVO vehicles used the SRT name, it was decided in 2004 to use that name for the development group as well. SRT produces vehicles for the Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep brands.
The naming convention used by SRT for its models are indicative of the vehicle's engine type. The number that follows the "SRT" prefix denotes the number of engine cylinders the vehicle has. For example: the Chrysler 300C has a 6.1L Hemi V-8; Therefore the SRT version is known as the Chrysler 300C SRT-8. Similarly, the Dodge Viper SRT-10 along with the Dodge Ram SRT-10 have an 8.3L V-10.
Currently the fastest SRT production models are the 2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10 series with a recorded quarter mile time of 11.7 seconds.1 The other SRT models have recorded quarter mile performances from 12.8 seconds2 for the AMG-based Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 to the Dodge Caliber SRT-4 at 14.6 seconds.
Chrysler released the 6.4L Hemi engine in early 2011. New SRT-8 versions have 392 HEMI (6.4L) engine, rated at 470 hp (350 kW) and 470 lb·ft (637 N·m).3
The new engine is used in the 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8, Dodge Charger SRT8, Chrysler 300 SRT8 and the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. With the improved engine, current SRT8 model are not only faster than the previous model,but also has better fuel efficiency than the previous one.
|Vehicle||Type||Engine||0–60 m/h (0–97 km/h)||Quarter-Mile||Photo|
|Dodge Challenger SRT-8
|SRT-8||6.4L Chrysler V8 392 Hemi Engine 470HP||4.5s6||12.6 s|
|Chrysler 300C SRT-8
|SRT-8||6.4L Chrysler V8 392 Hemi Engine 470HP||4.5s7||13.0s|
|Dodge Charger SRT-8
|SRT-8||6.4L Chrysler V8 392 Hemi Engine 470HP||4.6s8||12.8 s|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8
|SRT-8||6.4L Chrysler V8 392 Hemi Engine 470HP||4.8s10||13.3s|
|SRT-10||8.4L V10 Chrysler Viper Engine 640HP||3.3s12||11.1 s|
- SRT Barracuda25
- SRT Dart26
A Chrysler DOHC 2.4 Neon Turbo engine, in Dodge Neon SRT-4.
A Turbocharged 2.4L I4 World Engine with 285HP, in Dodge Caliber SRT-4.
Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6's Mercedes-AMG E32 Engine, in Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6.
The 6.1L Hemi V8 Engine, in SRT-8 vehicles (2005-2010).
The 6.4L 392cu Hemi V8 Engine, in SRT-8 vehicles (2011–Present).
The 8.3 Viper V10 Engine, in Dodge Viper SRT-10 and Dodge Ram SRT-10.
The 8.4 Viper V10 Engine with double intake holes and 600HP, in Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR and the concept Dodge Challenger SRT-10.
In contemporary society, the auto market in China is growing at a very high speed, and attracting the attention of most major auto manufacturers. Right now, only the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 is being sold in China by dealer import methods. Accompanied by an increasing number of people interested in American muscle cars, according to autohome.com.cn, dealers are considering also importing the Dodge Charger and Challenger SRT-8 into China. 27
- Sutton, Mike (June 2010). "010 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X - First Drive Review". Car and Driver. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved 10 Sep 2012.
- "2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT 6 1/4 mile Drag Racing trap speed 0-60". DragTimes.com. 16 September 2007. Retrieved 10 Sep 2012.dubious
- Kleis, Mark (20 September 2010). "2011 Dodge Challenger's 6.4L HEMI cranks out 475 horsepower!". LeftLaneNews. MNM Media, LLC. Retrieved 10 Sep 2012.
- "Jay Leno's Garage: 2013 SRT Viper GTS". Jay Leno's Garage. YouTube. 29 June 2012. Retrieved 10 Sep 2012.
- Robinson, Aaron (December 2010). "2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 - Short Take Road Test". Car and Driver. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved 10 Sep 2012.
- Lago, Carlos (17 August 2011). "First Test: 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8". Motor Trend. Source Interlink. Retrieved 10 Sep 2012.
- Stone, Matt (10 August 2011). "2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Full Test and Video". Inside Line. Edmunds.com. Retrieved 10 Sep 2012.
- Wood, Colum (11 February 2011). "2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Tipped for New York Auto Show Debut". AutoGuide. VerticalScope. Retrieved 10 Sep 2012.
- Febbo, Michael (12 August 2011). "First Test: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8". Motor Trend. Source Interlink. Retrieved 10 Sep 2012.
- driveSRT (13 July 2012). "The Viper GTS-R returns to the American Le Mans Series". Chrysler. YouTube. Retrieved 10 Sep 2012.
- Evans, Scott (June 2012). "2013 SRT Viper First Look and Video". Motor Trend. Source Interlink. Retrieved 10 Sep 2012.
- Swan, Tony (December 2002). "Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Road Test". Car and Driver. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved 14 Sep 2012.
- Webster, Larry (April 2004). "Dodge SRT-4 - Short Take Road Test". Car and Driver. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved 14 Sep 2012.
- Jacquot, Josh (2 October 2007). "Full Test: 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4". Inside Line. Edmunds.com. Retrieved 14 Sep 2012.
- Perry, Ron (24 February 2005). "Hot Sixes - Comparison Test". Road & Track. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved 14 Sep 2012.
- TONY QUIROGA (June 2005). http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/chrysler-300c-srt8-road-test Retrieved 30 Aug 2013.
- DiPietro, John (19 October 2005). "Follow-Up Test: 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8". Inside Line. Edmunds.com. Retrieved 14 Sep 2012.
- Brauer, Karl (25 September 2005). "Follow-Up Test: 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8". Inside Line. Edmunds.com. Retrieved 14 Sep 2012.
- DiPietro, John (9 December 2005). "Follow-Up Test: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8". Inside Line. Edmunds.com. Retrieved 14 Sep 2012.
- Kavanagh, Jason (6 August 2009). "Comparison Test: 2010 Camaro SS vs. 2009 Challenger SRT8 vs. 2010 Shelby GT500". Inside Line. Edmunds.com. Retrieved 14 Sep 2012.
- Stone, Matt (November 2005). "Road Test: 2006 Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe". Motor Trend. Source Interlink. Retrieved 14 Sep 2012.
- Moody, Brian (12 May 2004). "2004 Super Truck Comparison Test: Dodge Ram SRT-10 vs. Ford F-150 SVT Lightning". Inside Line. Edmunds.com. Retrieved 14 Sep 2012.
- Gillies, Mark (September 2007). "2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe and Convertible - Short Take Road Test". Car and Driver. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved 14 Sep 2012.
- Mable, Dave (September 2012). "Details Surface: Chrysler Readying SRT Barracuda to Succeed Challenger - Future Cars". Car and Driver. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved 24 Sep 2012.
- Connor, Mike (31 January 2012). "Future Shock: 2014 Dodge Dart SRT4". Motor Trend. Source Interlink. Retrieved 16 Oct 2012.
- Zhang, Ning (13 October 2012) http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/201210/407578.html
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Street and Racing Technology.|
|SRT, a high-performance automobile group within Fiat, 2003–present|
|SRT-4||Dodge SRT-4||Dodge Caliber SRT-4|
|SRT-6||Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6|
|SRT-8||Chrysler 300C SRT-8||Chrysler 300C 392 SRT-8|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8||Jeep Grand Cherokee 392 SRT-8|
|Dodge Magnum SRT-8|
|Dodge Charger SRT-8||Dodge Charger 392 SRT-8|
|Dodge Challenger SRT-8||Dodge Challenger 392 SRT-8|
|SRT-10||Dodge Ram SRT-10|
|Dodge Viper 8.3 SRT-10||Dodge Viper 8.4 SRT-10||SRT Viper|
|Vehicle is only sold under the SRT brand.|