Swarupnagar (community development block)
স্বরূপনগর সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Total||216 km2 (83 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,700/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bangaon|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Swarupnagar|
Swarupnagar (community development block) is an administrative division in Basirhat subdivision of North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Swarupnagar police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Swarupnagar.1
Gram panchayats of Swarupnagar block/ panchayat samiti are: Balti Nityanandakati, Bithari Hakimpur, Kaijuri, Swarupnagar Banglani, Charghat, Saguna, Bankra Gokulpur, Gobindapur, Sharapul Nirman and Tepur Mirzapur.3
As per 2001 census, Swarupngar block has a total population of 226,333 out of which 115,630 were males and 110,703 were females. Swarupnagar block registered a population growth of 12.91 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 22.40 per cent.2Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.4
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". North 24 Parganas district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Census of India 2001, Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal, Table - 4". North Twenty Four Parganas District (11). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- From Basirhat subdivision page.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.