|Architectural style:||Modified Collegiate Gothic|
|Governing body:||State of Florida|
Tigert Hall, built in the late 1940s and early 1950s, is a historic administrative building located on the eastern edge of the University of Florida campus in Gainesville, Florida. It was designed by architect Jefferson Hamilton in a modified Collegiate Gothic style to function as the university's main administration building. In 1960, it was renamed for John J. Tigert, the university's third president, who served from 1928 to 1947.1 Tigert Hall faces S.W. Thirteenth Street (U.S. 441), one of the major public roads adjoining the university's campus.
Tigert Hall became a contributing property in the University of Florida Campus Historic District in 2008; the historic district had been previously added to the National Register of Historic Places on April 20, 1989.23
- History of the University of Florida
- List of University of Florida buildings
- List of University of Florida presidents
- University of Florida Campus Historic District
- Kevin M. McCarthy & Murray D. Laurie, Guide to the University of Florida and Gainesville, Pineapple Press, Sarasota, Florida, p. 141 (1977).
- National Park Service Weekly Update on July 3, 2008
- Nathan Crabbe, "Nine sites added to UF's historic district," Gainesville Sun (July 16, 2008). Retrieved January 6, 2009.
|This article about a building or structure in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|