Dr. Udo Bullmann, born on June 8, 1956 in Gießen (Germany), is a German social democratic politician. Since 1999 he has been a representative of the Party of European Socialists (PES) in the European Parliament, where he represents his constituency in Hessen.
Udo Bullmann studied political science, sociology, public law, as well as economy. In 1988 he received the Dr .rer .soc degree. 1989 to 1996 he was a Research Assistant at the University of Giessen. Concurrently he was a scholarship of the German Research Council from 1994 to 1997 and a Visiting Research Fellow at the Department of Government at Strathclyde / Glasgow University from 1994 to 1998. Until being elected to the European Parliament in 1999, he was university lecturer and Jean-Monnet-Professor for Studies on European integration at the Justus-Liebig-University of Giessen.
Since his entry into the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD) in 1979, he was mostly engaged for the Young-Socialists. He was also the chairman of the Hesse regional association of the Young-Socialists. In 1999 he got elected for the European Parliament. Since May 2003 he has been deputy chairman of the SPD-group in the European Parliament.
Dr. Bullmann’s political work focuses on economy and employment, The EU-Lisbon-Strategy, the European financial service sector, as well as development politics and regional policy He is a member of the EP- Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs, deputy member of the EP- Committee on Employment and Social Affairs and deputy member in the parliamentary delegation for South Africa. Moreover he is a member of Joint Parliamentary Assembly of the EU and the ACP (African, Caribbean and Pacific states).
- http://www.udobullmann.de – official homepage
- http://www.spd-europa.de - official of the social-democratic MEPs
- http://www.verdi.de/ - official homepage of ver.di
- http://www.europa-union.de/ - official homepage of the Europa-Union
- Official website of Udo Bullmann: www.udobullmann.de
- European Parliament biography of Udo Bullmann (incl. Speeches, Questions and Motions)
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (German)