|I am on intermittent wikipedia-sabbatical. As of fall 2009, I'm on "semi-sabbatical", performing vandalism patrol and making minor contributions but not doing much large-scale editing. Even on full sabbatical, I periodically check for messages left in my talk page.|
Check this tool to see if I'm active.
I intermittently contribute to several open-source projects on SourceForge.
My contributions to Wikipedia primarily involve physics, though my editing habits have been broader in the past.
I follow Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Physics, and help with editing problematic articles on an occasional basis. Articles on my to-do list are shown below:
- Nothing on the list at present, as I'm on sabbatical.
- (To do eventually: turn the don't debate the validity of X here blurb into a proper general template.)
- Negative energy, May 2005, November 2005. Replaced gibberish with a disambiguation page (diff). I'd originally redirected to exotic matter; I changed this to a disambiguation page after a sufficiently strong case was made for doing so.
- Image:Bh-light-cones-1.png and Image:Bh-radar-radar-pulse.png, December 2005. Intended as placeholders for better versions of these figures at black hole.
- Image:Hcube_fold.gif, June 2006. Animation of folding and unfolding of hypercube and cube nets, in response to a question on talk:tesseract.
- Image:Event-horizon-particle.png, June 2006. Spacetime diagram of a uniformly accelerating particle, and the light cone of an event that's outside its event horizon, for a proposed rewritten version of event horizon.
- Image:Gr-temp-positive.gif, Image:Gr-temp-negative.gif, Image:Gr-temp-surfaces.png, July 2006. Animations and diagrams showing how world lines converge in positively curved spacetime and diverge in negatively curved spacetime.
- Image:Aerovator-forces-polar.png, July 2006. Force diagram for a segment of an aerovator ribbon.
- Image:Ftl-time-travel-equivalence.gif, March 2007. Animated, subtitled spacetime diagram showing the equivalence of FTL travel and time travel under special relativity. Warning: large file.
- Image:Forward-sailcraft-scheme.png, August 2009. Diagram of the light sail decelleration scheme proposed by Robert L. Forward.
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Physics -- Physics articles with problems can be flagged for attention here.
- Wikipedia:Dispute resolution -- This outlines the steps people are expected to take when experiencing conflicts with other editors.
At some point I may try to turn some of these into proper wiki-essays. Please don't modify the user-space versions.
- Suggestions for staying sane while editing Wikipedia. This is why I (usually) don't hate editing after being here this long.
- How to productively work with fringe science articles.
These are mostly for my own reference.
- Record of my efforts at reconciling several fringe science articles with Wikipedia's policies on viewpoint.
- My work page.
- My LiveJournal page.
- Vision Sensor Laboratory page. My PhD work was with this group.
- AENAO Group page on power-aware microarchitectures. My MASc work was with this group.
- SourceForge projects I'm involved with: