|Warning: This user page is written by an American who lived in Australia and now lives in Spain, which in some ways makes her different.|
I edit women's sport articles, Australian sport articles and Paralympic articles on English Wikipedia, write articles on the same topic for English Wikinews and record the occasional spoken word article. I've previously served as a Wikimedia in Residence for the Australian Paralympic Committee. As a credentialed member of the press, representing Wikimedia Australia as the default winner of the Wikimedians to the Games project, I attended the London Paralympics where I assisted in publishing over 70 articles about the Games. In the build up to the Games, I nominated 59 Australian Paralympics articles for DYK and took six to GA. I've submitted a thesis for a PhD in Communications at the University of Canberra with a focus on Australian sport fan communities on social media networks, specifically as it pertains to events, with a focus on creating a methodological framework for conducting such analysis. I am working on researching Australian women's sport and Wikipedia, where I will examine the impact Wikipedia has one people's thinking about women's sport for the National Sport Information Centre, a government funded sports information body that includes a library, that is being administered through the University of Canberra. I have not been directed to do any editing in this role: All the editing I do on women's sport and Paralympic I do of my own initiative using assessment process as forms of personal goal setting as I am a goal oriented individual.12345 One of my current projects involves trying to encourage greater sport involvement in WMF projects in terms of sharing content for use on WMF projects, and trying to get media accreditation for Wikimedians like myself to attend the Sochi and Rio Olympic and Paralympic Games. I've gotten permission from Waterpolo Australia and Softball Australia to take pictures of the Australian women's national team with acceptable licenses for use on WMF projects. I've attended a press conference where the gymnastics team was announced. I've attended a three day wheelchair basketball competition in Sydney where I and my co-attendee contributed 10 Wikinews articles, took a number of pictures and interviewed six basketball players that competed in London. I took pictures of and interviewed women attending the Australian national archery championships with the results going on Commons, Wikinews and Wikipedia. I have been a Wikimedian in Residence for the Spanish Paralympic Committee since late June 2013. I attended a Canberra Capitals game and reported on it for Wikinews, and have contributed a number of pictures to Commons. I can often be found on Wikipedia related IRC channels including #wikinews connect, #wikipedia-en-sports connect and #wikipedia-en-help connect.
- Subpages and Tools
- User:LauraHale/Women's sport country sections needing articles
- User:LauraHale/Creating new articles on Wikipedia Guide for writing new articles
- User:LauraHale/DYK List of DYKs and completed QPQs
- Wikinews : First story
- Resources: Plagiarism checker, Google Books citation generator, link status checker, hot articles, category scan, editor interaction, contest running
- Australian skiers:
- Spanish skiers
- User:LauraHale/Eduardo Carreras, User:LauraHale/Alberto Ávila, User:LauraHale/Vicky González, User:LauraHale/Begoña Gerbolés, User:LauraHale/Pedro Martínez , User:LauraHale/Jorge Jiménez, User:LauraHale/Alicia Grijelmo, User:LauraHale/Pilar Ballesteros, User:LauraHale/Mariluz del Río, User:LauraHale/Carles Codina, User:LauraHale/Pérez del Pulgar, User:LauraHale/Salvador Navas, User:LauraHale/Ignacio Essahir, User:LauraHale/Sergio Álvarez, User:LauraHale/Fernando Liste, User:LauraHale/Álvaro de Pazos, User:LauraHale/Carme Rigau, User:LauraHale/Jose Luis Orza, User:LauraHale/Alicia Grigelmo
- Need SPAG and then DYK ready:
- Improved notability required, length, SPAG: User:LauraHale/Carles d'Albert, User:LauraHale/Daniel Ayora, User:LauraHale/Sandra Cavallé, User:LauraHale/Javier García, User:LauraHale/Aitor Martínez, User:LauraHale/Anna Planas, User:LauraHale/Xavi Fernández, User:LauraHale/Daniel Molina, User:LauraHale/Rosa Doval, User:LauraHale/Óscar Arnal, User:LauraHale/Avel·lí Estrenjer, User:LauraHale/Isabel Domínguez, User:LauraHale/Silvia Lorrio Olangua, User:LauraHale/Carles Vila, User:LauraHale/Conchi Estaún, User:LauraHale/Gustavo López (skier), User:LauraHale/Patricia Sanz,
- Spanish track and field athletes
- Improve existing: Abderrahman Ait Khamouch, David Casinos, José António Exposito, Eva Ngui,José Pámpano
- Improve notability and move to main space: User:LauraHale/Francisco Pérez Carrera, User:LauraHale/Joan Munar Martínez, User:LauraHale/Martín Parejo Maza, User:LauraHale/Oscar Moreno García, User:LauraHale/Kim López González, User:LauraHale/Gerard Descarrega Puigdevall, User:LauraHale/Victor del Burgo Colino, User:LauraHale/Salvador Cano García, User:LauraHale/Antonio Andujar Arroyo, User:LauraHale/Lorenzo Albaladejo Martínez
- Moved to main space / more improvement: Manuel Garnica Roldan, Xavier Porras, Alberto Suárez Laso, Gustavo Nieves Campello, José Martínez Morote, Dionibel Rodríguez Rodríguez, Maximiliano Óscar Rodríguez Magi, Elena Congost Mohedano, Roger Puigbò i Verdaguer, Sara Martínez Puntero, Antonio Andujar Arroyo, Carlos Javier Pérez Hernandez,
- Spanish swimmers
- Improve existing: Teresa Perales, Sebastián Rodríguez (swimmer), Miguel Luque Avila, David Julián Levecq Vives, Ricardo Ten Argiles, José Antonio Mari-Alcaraz, Israel Oliver Peña, Sarai Gascón Moreno, Deborah Font Jimenez, Michelle Alonso Morales, Ander Romarate, María Delgado, Marta Gómez (swimmer), Isabel Yingüa Hernández, Carla Casals, Julia Castelló, Jaime Bailón, Miguel Ángel Martínez (swimmer), User:LauraHale/Omar Font
- Spain at the 2012 Summer Paralympics
- Improve existing:
- 5-a-side football: Adolfo Samuel Acosta Rodríguez, Alfredo Cuadrado Freire, Youssef El Haddaqui Rabil, José Luis Giera Tejuelo, José López Ramírez, Antonio Jesús Martín Gaitán, Francisco Javier Muñoz Perez, Marcelo Rosado Carrasco
- Archery: Guillermo Rodriguez Gonzalez, Irene Cuesta, Jose Marin Rodriguez, María Carmen Rubio
- Athletics: Abderrahman Ait Khamouch, David Casinos, José António Exposito, Alberto Suárez Laso, Elena Congost Mohedano, , Antonio Andujar Arroyo, José Martínez Morote, Gustavo Nieves Campello, Ricardo de Pedraza Losa,
- Boccia: Veronica Pamies Morera, Francisco Beltran Manero,Jose Villar Dueso, Manuel Martin Perez, Jose Prado Prado, Jose Rodriguez Vazquez, Sandra Peña Cortes
- Cycling: Christian Venge Balboa, Alfonso Cabello, José Enrique Porto Lareo, José Antonio Villanueva, Josefa Benítez Guzman, Miguel Angel Clemente Solano, Maurice Far Eckhard Tió, ,
- Judo: María del Carmen Herrera Gómez
- Shooting: Juan Antonio Saavedra Reinaldo
- Swimming: Enrique Floriano Millan, Michelle Alonso Morales, Sarai Gascón Moreno, Miguel Luque Avila, Sebastián Rodríguez (swimmer), Enhamed Enhamed, Deborah Font Jimenez, Israel Oliver Peña, Marta Gómez (swimmer), Teresa Perales, José Antonio Mari-Alcaraz,
- Table tennis: Álvaro Valera, Jordi Morales, José Manuel Ruiz Reyes, Jorge Cardona
- Wheelchair basketball: Diego De Paz Pazo, Alejandro Zarzuela Beltran, Spain men's national wheelchair basketball team, Oscar Trigo, Jaume Llambi Riera, David Mouriz Dopico,
- Wheelchair tennis: Daniel Caverzaschi, Lola Ochoa Ribes
- Improve existing:
- Improve notability and move to the main space:
- Athletics:Ruth Aguilar Fulgencio, Lorenzo Albaladejo Martínez, Joan Munar Martínez, , Martín Parejo Maza, , Gerard Desgarrega Puigdevall, Joan Borrisser Roldan, Enric Ismael Martín Panades, Oriol Sellarès Martínez, Celia Maestre Martín, Rafael Botello Jimenez
- Cycling: David Llaurado, Mayalen Noriega, Diego Javier Muñoz, Juan Jose Mende, Raquel Acinas Poncelas, Juan Jose Mendez, Juan Emilio Gutierrez Berenguel, Roberto Alcaide
- Judo: Maria Monica Merenciano, David García del Valle, Abel Vázquez, Monica Herrero Merenciano,Marta Arce Payno
- Shooting: Francisco Ángel Soriano
- Swimming: Begoña Curero Sastre, Albert Gelis, Jesus Collado, Esther Morales, Lorena Homar Lopez, Xavier Torres
- Wheelchair basketball: Roberto Mena Perez , Bernabe Costas de Miranda, Daniel Rodriguez Martin, Francisco Sanchez Lara, Ismael Garcia Moreno, Asier Garcia Pereiro, Jesus Romero Martin, Rafael Muino Gamez,
- Improve notability and move to the main space:
- There is research which supports the idea that I am not alone in this. Women are often more motivated to participate if they can set goals to measure and improve on their performance. Editing a Wikipedia article alone does not motivate me to contribute because it is unclear as to why I am doing it. By saying I will take an article to DYK, I will take an article to GA, I will add a picture to this article, I will publish a Wikinews article on that, I can focus and channel my desire to contribute in a way where I can measure the usefulness of my contributions towards the goal of improving on and adding the sum of all human knowledge to Wikipedia. I also find that Good Article and DYK are a form of community recognition for work well done that otherwise are not as accessible on Wikipedia. Like others, I like to see my work recognised for being a positive contribution. This repeated recognition from the community keeps me coming back for more.
- Dale H. Schunk; Barry J. Zimmerman (6 August 2012). Motivation and Self-Regulated Learning: Theory, Research, and Applications. Routledge. pp. 340–343. ISBN 978-1-136-82677-1. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Ray French; Charlotte Rayner; Gary Rees; Sally Rumbles (22 April 2011). Organizational Behaviour. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 258–. ISBN 978-0-470-71033-3. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Volker Nolte (1 July 2011). Rowing Faster. Human Kinetics. pp. 155–. ISBN 978-0-7360-9040-7. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Linda Babcock; Sara Laschever (2 September 2008). Women Don't Ask: Negotiation and the Gender Divide. Princeton University Press. p. 57. ISBN 978-0-691-08940-9. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
|Months to weeks:|
|Weeks to days:|