Yes, I actually mean it:
and then i became an admin and an adopter...
and then i finally became a serious University student...
and then there was Wikimania...
- 1 Your input is requested
- 2 Assistance with edit request
- 3 Nomination of West Jerusalem for deletion
- 4 an advice or help from user Guglani1?
- 5 Testing Echo
- 6 Opting in to VisualEditor
- 7 Disambiguation link notification for October 21
- 8 IPA fonts
- 9 Books and Bytes: The Wikipedia Library Newsletter
- 10 Disambiguation link fixing one-day contest
- 11 The Wikipedia Library Survey
- 12 Purification Rundown
- 13 User:Lukeno94
- 14 Disambiguation link notification for January 28
- 15 NAN
Greetings, Amire80! If we have not met, I'm AutomaticStrikeout. I've come here to ask you to take part in the survey at User:AutomaticStrikeout/Are admins interested in a RfB?. I am trying to gauge the general level of interest that administrators have in running for cratship, as well as pinpoint the factors that affect that interest level. Your input will be appreciated. Happy editing, AutomaticStrikeout (T • C • Sign AAPT) 02:01, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
Hello, Amir! I'm looking at an edit request on Talk:Israel Hershberg, and I'd like your assistance if possible. I don't understand what they're getting at so I'm declining the request for now, but they did include a few references. Normally I'd give the material a quick look to see if there's anything relevant, but it's all in Hebrew - which I know absolutely nothing about. I got your name off of the local embassy page... could you take a quick look and see if there's anything there that makes sense to you? Thanks! --ElHef (Meep?) 03:36, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the question.
- I passed it on to somebody who is probably more experienced with this than I am. --Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 15:35, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
Nomination of West Jerusalem for deletion
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/West Jerusalem (2nd nomination) until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. Yoninah (talk) 09:52, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
I had an old account with name Guglani since perhaps 2005, but long back i forgot its password and email associated was closed. subsequently i registered as Guglani1 which is working well. Meanwhile my accouts at other wikis registered as Guglani were also working well.I never used Guglani at en.wiki after i registerd as Guglani1.Meanwhile accounts at other wikis as Guglani have been ticked by me as Global account without ticking at en.wiki.Now some people at wiki have attached my Guglani1 a/c with my old Guglani a/c ,i am happy with it.But can I request , that my global a/c on other wikis as Guglani can also be attached and in so doing I should not loose all the old editorial history on wiki projects for these two accounts although these are at different wikis.Confusion comes on some wikis like en.wikibooks where i get user id as Guglani and Guglani1 both , how to sort out this cofusion.--Guglani1 (talk) 12:45, 16 July 2013 (UTC)
- You can trying asking at the page Wikipedia:Changing username/Usurpations. I hope it works. --Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 13:05, 16 July 2013 (UTC)
As you may know, VisualEditor ("Edit beta") is currently available on the English Wikipedia only for registered editors who choose to enable it. Since you have made 50 or more edits with VisualEditor this year, I want to make sure that you know that you can enable VisualEditor (if you haven't already done so) by going to your preferences and choosing the item, "
Enable VisualEditor. It will not be available on talk pages and some other namespaces.". This will give you the option of using VisualEditor on articles and userpages when you want to, and give you the opportunity to spot changes in the interface and suggest improvements. We value your feedback, whether positive or negative, about using VisualEditor, at Wikipedia:VisualEditor/Feedback. Thank you, Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 20:22, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Kuvempu, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Rashtrakavi (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Since the discussion at MediaWiki_talk:Common.css#IPA_font is a bit old, I didn't know if I'd get an answer there. When you say Gentium is supported by WP, did you mean Gentium Plus, or the original font? And can you point me to where it's supported? This is all new to me.
Also asked you what you meant at Help_talk:IPA#IPA_font.
- I realized that Gentium as it is is too huge - hundreds of kilobytes. That's not great for a webfont that should be quickly downloadable. I'll probably add SIL's subset for IPA, although I'll have to research that. I'll update you. --Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 15:41, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
I have decided to put on a mini-contest within the November 2013 monthly disambiguation contest, on Saturday, November 23 (UTC). I will personally give a $20 Amazon.com gift card to the disambiguator who fixes the most links on that server-day (see the project page for details on scoring points). Since we are not geared up to do an automated count for that day, at 00:00, 23 November 2013 (UTC) (which is 7:00 PM on November 22, EST), I'll take a screenshot of the project page leaderboard. I will presume that anyone who is not already listed on the leaderboard has precisely nine edits. At 01:00, 24 November 2013 (UTC) (8:00 PM on November 23, EST), I'll take a screenshot of the leaderboard at that time (the extra hour is to give the board time to update), and I will determine from that who our winner is. I will credit links fixed by turning a WP:DABCONCEPT page into an article, but you'll have to let me know me that you did so. Here's to a fun contest. Note that according to the Daily Disambig, we currently have under 256,000 disambiguation links to be fixed. If everyone in the disambiguation link fixers category were to fix 500 links, we would have them all done - so aim high! Cheers! bd2412 T 01:42, 18 November 2013 (UTC)
As a subscriber to one of The Wikipedia Library's programs, we'd like to hear your thoughts about future donations and project activities in this brief survey. Thanks and cheers, Ocaasi t | c 15:23, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
Hello. I'm confused about your recent edits to Purification Rundown. You added a few 'not in citation' templates to sources, but a quick check shows that the info is indeed in the sources attached. Was this a mistake? Grayfell (talk) 22:21, 5 January 2014 (UTC)
- I don't think that it was a mistake. I didn't see a clear indication in the source of the asserted facts.
- This edit marks in this way an article about the death of a man from Oregon, but I couldn't find a man from Oregon mentioned in the linked articles.
- This edit marks in this way a statement that asserts that Kelly Preston "endorsed the program and credits it for helping her late son Jett". In one of the linked articles I couldn't find anything at all about the Purification Rundown, and in another one it is mentioned in passing and not as the article says.
- Of course, it's perfectly possible that I missed something. If you see something that I didn't see, can you please copy the relevant sentence from the article here? --Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 22:36, 5 January 2014 (UTC)
- My bad. I searched the articles for "Oregon" and "Purification", while I should have searched for "Portland" and "detox". I'm lazy :)
- Thanks for the vigilance. --Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 22:47, 5 January 2014 (UTC)
Could you please do something about this user they personally attacked me on I Knew You Were Trouble http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=I_Knew_You_Were_Trouble&diff=592476993&oldid=592476587 as he stated "Someone needs to read WP:Vandalism, and learn what the hell they're talking about. It's a fullstop, there's no notability to it whatsoever." and I do not appreciate that they did that. So please could you do something? Thanks! 188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:00, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- That is not a personal attack. Not even close. You've also persistently spammed inane and incorrect things on my talkpage (the only thing that has any validity is the "edit war" thing; but it takes two to tango, don't forget, so beware the boomerang). Stop trolling please. Lukeno94 (tell Luke off here) 14:01, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
Yes that was a personal attack "Someone needs to read..." that right a personal attack on where you posted it and I did not break the "edit war" rule though I got accused of it and you are the one removing notable information the song is stylized as I Knew You Were Trouble. and is notable so people know it is not an error as it is on multiple releases but you want to play WP:IDONTLIKEIT and post personal attacks on me on a revert that only strengthens what I was posting on your talk page. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:06, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- Where you posted that is a personal attack that kind of stuff only goes on the talk pages not the edit summaries. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:08, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- How is that a personal attack in any sense of the term? It was an accurate statement; you do need to read WP:Vandalism, because nothing I did was vandalism. I put no emphasis on the someone whatsoever, so that's a deliberate misrepresentation right there. Ironically, false accusations of vandalism are often classified as personal attacks, as are deliberate misrepresentations... You edit-warred on the page with me, but the utterly inappropriate thing is your edit-warring on my talkpage. WP:IDONTLIKEIT is an essay related to deletion discussions, so is irrelevant. I note you have a history of this sort of activity as well - which you've been blocked for as well. And still you don't learn. I get the feeling WP:CIR is a useful read for you as well. Lukeno94 (tell Luke off here) 14:10, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- And persistently editing a user's talkpage, when they've told you in no uncertain terms to go away, is also blockable, by the way. Lukeno94 (tell Luke off here) 14:13, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- You did personally attack me in an edit summary. You do not post that there it is a personal attack. You keep it on a talk page. Do not see how you do not get do not post stuff like that in an edit summary it is a personal attack, you have to post stuff like that on talk page. Also you cannot tell someone they cannot post on your talk page there is no such thing as "persistently editing a user's talkpage, when they've told you in no uncertain terms to go away, is also blockable" especially when that is commpletely wrong, so do not threaten me. There is another one to go against him too personal attack and now a threat of block by lying. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:16, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- The thing you keep claiming is a personal attack is not a personal attack. It doesn't matter if I post it in an edit summary, on a userpage, at ANI or a talk page; that's irrelevant. You're making things up in order to try and duck responsibility for your actions. I strongly suggest you read Wikipedia's policies, because it is obvious you have a very minimal grasp for someone who has been around for a while. Lukeno94 (tell Luke off here) 14:20, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
Again do not post stuff like that in an edit summary it is a personal attack, you have to post stuff like that on talk page. I am not ducking no responsibility for my actions you are because you were reverting notable and sourced information and then personally attack me saying Someone needs to read while reverting my notable and sourced information. So who is ducking out of responsibility for their actions, oh, it would be you. Sorry. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:24, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- Where it was located is irrelevant. I could've written it in the sky, or on a book on your desk; it is not, and never would be, a personal attack. Your information was not notable, and spamming in 8 references (in violation of WP:REFSPAM, I should add) doesn't make it so. Lukeno94 (tell Luke off here) 14:27, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
Again do not post stuff like that in an edit summary it is a personal attack, you have to post stuff like that on talk page. And uh, do not know how I "violated WP:3RR" as I did not revert over three times. Here you go again making stuff up to try and not take responsibility for your actions. Keep piling on there Lukeno94, you prove more and more that I did nothing wrong and you did. :D congrates on continuing to make my point for me! 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:38, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- You just reverted for a fourth time, and not marking an edit summary as a revert doesn't mean the edit wasn't a revert. Are you seriously this lacking in WP:COMPETENCE? Lukeno94 (tell Luke off here) 14:42, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
I did not revert you are assuming so keep piling my case for me. You are doing a great job. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:45, 26 January 2014 (UTC) Copy, paste and repost is not a revert. Sorry. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:46, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- Revert 1. Revert 2. Revert 3. Revert 4. Care to explain which of those weren't reverts? Doesn't matter by what method you did it, they're reverts. Claiming otherwise shows exactly how poor your grasp of policy is. Lukeno94 (tell Luke off here) 14:47, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
There were only three reverts not four Sorry. Copy paste and repost does not count as a revert you just do not like that I am winning as you are now throwing insults here as well asking if I a competence and I am, you just do not like that I will not bow to your will or play your game. Sorry but just keep piling on yourself as I said on my talk page all I did was "I did not revert anything or delete any summery all I did was copy the information post hit the edit button on the top of the page pasted it and hit Save page. That is not a revert." Also I removed the fourth as there is no fourth. Sorry. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:53, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- Whoever this Lukeno is you better deal with him he is picking on a 10 year old girl and I do NOT appreciate him making my daughter cry. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:06, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- Why are arguing on my talk page? Can you please stop, unless you can explain what does your argument has to do with me and what can I do to resolve it? --Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 15:35, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Transamerica Pyramid, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Flatiron (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi Amir, the story you added is, I think, too short for a secondary main. It could be an In brief, if Ed decides it's appropriate. Readers shouldn't have to divert to the Euromaiden article to find out what it means. If you could add "has" before "already? Can a single blog be taken as representative of the Georgian WP community?