From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Thomas Cromwell, Vicegerent of Henry VIII, appointed 1535.
- The Byzantine Emperors held as a title "God's Vicegerent on Earth".
- Milton, in his work Paradise Lost, titles the Son "The Vicegerent", in Book 10.
- In the Catholic Church, the Vicegerent is a titular archbishop who serves in the Diocese of Rome as the chief assistant to the Cardinal Vicar General of Rome.23
- Random House Dictionary (2009 ed.)
- Pope Paul VI (January 6, 1977), "2. Norme, §3-4", Vicariae potestatis in urbe, apostolic constitution (in Italian), St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City, Rome, retrieved 2014-04-09
- Rev. Thomas F. Knox (1876), "Studies in Biography - No V. The Last Survivor of the Ancient English Hierarchy, part II", The Month and Catholic Review (February ed.) (Simpkin, Marshall) XXVI: 139, retrieved 2014-03-09