Vincent Prieto (born September 11, 1960) is an American Democratic Party politician, who has been serving in the New Jersey General Assembly since 2004, where he represents the 32nd Legislative District. In 2012 the Hudson Reporter named him #22 in its list of Hudson County's 50 most influential people.1
Prieto serves as the Chairman of the Budget Committee and also Chairs the Budget Oversite Committee and also is a member of the Appropriations Committee. Prieto served in the Assembly as the Deputy Majority Whip from 2006.-2011- He previously served in the Assembly on the Regulated Professions Committee (as Chair) and the Transportation, Public Works and Independent Authorities Committee.2
Prieto served on the Secaucus Planning Board from 1998-2001.2 He was selected by Hudson County Democratic Party leaders in December 2004 to fill the vacancy of Anthony Impreveduto, who resigned after pleading guilty to using campaign contributions for personal purposes.3
Each of the forty districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 32nd District for the 2012-2013 Legislative Session are:
- Adriana Rambay Fernández, Stephen LaMarca, Gennarose Pope, Ray Smith, Al Sullivan and E. Assata Wright. "They've Got the Power". The Union City Reporter. January 8, 2012. Pages 1, 4-7 and 10-11.
- Assemblyman Prieto's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed April 13, 2008.
- Benson, Josh. "UP FRONT: WORTH NOTING; Prioritize, Prioritize", The New York Times, December 26, 2004. Accessed August 7, 2009.
- Assemblyman Prieto's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure forms - 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004