|This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (December 2012)|
|This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Russian Wikipedia. (December 2012)|
8 December 1878|
|Died||9 February 1944
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1898–1944|
|Awards||Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves|
Walter Heitz (8 December 1878 – 9 February 1944) was a German Generaloberst, serving during World War II. Heitz commanded the VIII. Armeekorps on the Eastern Front. Heitz died of cancer on 9 February 1944 while in Soviet captivity.
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- Wound Badge (1918)
- in Black
- Hanseatic Cross of Hamburg
- Knight's Cross of the House Order of Hohenzollern with Swords
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Wehrmacht Long Service Award 4th with 1st class
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (10 October 1939)
- 1st Class (19 May 1940)
- Eastern Front Medal
- German Cross in Gold (22 April 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- This article incorporates information from the revision as of 24 November 2009 of the equivalent article on the German Wikipedia.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 378.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 220.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 63.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
General der Infanterie Ernst Busch
|Commander of VIII. Armeekorps
25 October 1939 – 31 January 1943
General der Infanterie Gustav Höhne
|This biographical article related to the German Army is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|