This noticeboard is for announcements and statements made by the Arbitration Committee. Only members of the Arbitration Committee or the Committee's Clerks may post on this page, but all editors are encouraged to comment on the talk page.
|Announcement archives: 0 · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10
February 2014 functionary changes
In accordance with the standing procedure on inactivity,
- The checkuser and oversight permissions of Fred Bauder (talk · contribs) are removed.
- The checkuser permissions of Jdforrester (talk · contribs) are removed. (His oversight permissions are not.)
At his own request, the checkuser permissions of Frank (talk · contribs) have also been removed. Frank has let the committee know he currently has little time to contribute as a functionary, but may return later in the year.
The committee sincerely thanks all three functionaries for their years of service, and all the current checkuser and oversight permission holders for the invaluable contributions they make as functionaries.
Approved by: AGK, LFaraone, T. Canens, Carcharoth, Roger Davies, Worm That Turned, Floquenbeam, David Fuchs, NativeForeigner, and Beeblebrox; none objecting.
Arbitration motion regarding Clarification request: BLP special enforcement
The Arbitration Committee has resolved by motion that:
- By way of clarification, the formal warning issued by Kevin Gorman was out of process and therefore has no effect. The provisions of WP:BLPBAN will be reviewed by the Arbitration Committee and where necessary updated.
Discretionary sanctions review. Comments welcome on Draft v3
The Arbitration Committee has recently been conducting a review of the discretionary sanctions system. You may wish to comment on the newest (third) draft update to the system, which has just been posted to the review page. Comments are welcome on the review talk page. For the Arbitration Committee, AGK [•] 00:19, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
Will Beback ban appeal
- Support: Beeblebrox, Carcharoth, David Fuchs, Floquenbeam, GorillaWarfare, LFaraone, NativeForeigner, Newyorkbrad, Roger Davies, Seraphimblade, Worm That Turned
- Oppose: AGK, Timotheus Canens
- Not voting: Salvio giuliano
Ferahgo the Assassin ban appeal
- Support: Beeblebrox, Carcharoth, David Fuchs, Floquenbeam, GorillaWarfare, LFaraone, NativeForeigner, Newyorkbrad, Roger Davies, Salvio giuliano, Seraphimblade, Timotheus Canens, Worm That Turned
- Oppose: AGK