This noticeboard is for announcements and statements made by the Arbitration Committee. Only members of the Arbitration Committee or the Committee's Clerks may post on this page, but all editors are encouraged to comment on the talk page.
|Announcement archives: 0 · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9
- 1 Changes to arbitration clerk personnel
- 2 Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Ebionites 3 closed
- 3 Phil Sandifer desysopped and banned
- 4 Discretionary sanctions review – draft 2
- 5 Motion proposed regarding activity levels for holders of both CU and OS tools
- 6 Motion granting temporary local CheckUser permission to Arbitration Committee Election Scrutineers
Changes to arbitration clerk personnel
The clerk team would like to officially welcome Bbb23 as a trainee clerk.
The past month has seen the resignation of two clerks, we would like to extend our thanks to Guerillero and AlexandrDmitri for their service to the team and wish them all the best for the future. For the arbitration clerks, Callanecc (talk • contribs • logs) 03:29, 2 November 2013 (UTC)
An arbitration case regarding the Ebionites has now closed and the final decision is viewable at the link above. The following remedies have been enacted:
- Ignocrates and John Carter are indefinitely prohibited from interacting with each other (subject to the ordinary exceptions).
- John Carter is indefinitely topic-banned from all pages relating to Ebionites, broadly construed.
- John Carter requested removal of his administrator rights on 1 November 2013, while these arbitration proceedings were in progress (log of removal). John Carter may regain these rights only through a new request for adminship.
Phil Sandifer desysopped and banned
- For the purpose of these motions there were 11 active arbitrators, so 6 votes was a majority.
i) The Arbitration Committee's attention has been drawn to material authored by Phil Sandifer and published on a site operated by him. The material publicly reveals non-public personal information about a Wikipedia editor with whom Phil Sandifer has been in dispute on-wiki. The committee has been in contact with both parties and has established that the publication of the material was not inadvertent. In breaching policy, Phil Sandifer has engaged in conduct which is (a) unbecoming an administrator and (b) inappropriate for a member of the editing community.
- Passed 9 to 2 at 18:24, 6 November 2013 (UTC)
ii) Accordingly, User:Phil Sandifer is desysopped. He may regain his permissions via a successful RFA.
- Passed 8 to 3 at 18:24, 6 November 2013 (UTC)
iii) Additionally, User:Phil Sandifer is indefinitely banned from the English Wikipedia. He may request reconsideration of the ban no earlier than twelve months from the date on which this motion was passed.
- Passed 7 to 3 (with 1 abstention) at 18:24, 6 November 2013 (UTC)
- Support (i): Roger Davies, AGK, David Fuchs, Timotheus Canens, Salvio giuliano, Worm That Turned, Risker, Newyorkbrad, SilkTork. Oppose (i): Kirill Lokshin, Carcharoth.
- Support (ii): Roger Davies, AGK, Timotheus Canens, Salvio giuliano, Worm That Turned, Risker, Newyorkbrad, SilkTork. Oppose (ii): David Fuchs, Kirill Lokshin, Carcharoth.
- Support (iii): Roger Davies, AGK, Timotheus Canens, Salvio giuliano, Worm That Turned, Newyorkbrad, SilkTork. Oppose (iii): David Fuchs, Kirill Lokshin, Carcharoth. Abstain (iii): Risker.
- Inactive (i) (ii) (iii): Courcelles.
Discretionary sanctions review – draft 2
The Arbitration Committee is reviewing its discretionary sanctions system. Many editors kindly participated in a recent consultation for this review. The committee has taken into account all comments made in that consultation, and a second draft has now been published at WP:AC/DSR#Draft v2. Please review the new draft, and feel free to comment at WT:AC/DSR#Draft v2. For the Arbitration Committee, AGK [•] 23:39, 16 November 2013 (UTC)
Motion proposed regarding activity levels for holders of both CU and OS tools
A motion has been proposed regarding activity levels for holders of both CU and OS tools. if you wish to comment, please join the discussion at the motion on the motions page. Thanks. Carcharoth (talk) 01:39, 30 November 2013 (UTC)
Motion granting temporary local CheckUser permission to Arbitration Committee Election Scrutineers
The Arbitration Committee has resolved bythat:
For the purpose of scrutineering the 2013 Arbitration Committee elections, stewards User:Mathonius, User:Vituzzu, User:Matanya, and User:Tegel, appointed as scrutineers, are granted temporary local CheckUser permissions effective from the time of the passage of this motion until the certification of the election results.