Wojciech Roszkowski (born on 20 June 1947 in Warszawa) is a Polish economist and politician and Member of the European Parliament (MEP) for the Silesian Voivodeship with the Law and Justice, part of the Union for a Europe of Nations and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Budgets.
Roszkowski is a substitute for the Committee on Culture and Education and a member of the Delegation for relations with Japan.
From 1980 to 1983 he was a Member of the independent self-governing trade union Solidarność.
He is a fellow of Collegium Invisibile1 and a signatory of the Prague Declaration on European Conscience and Communism.2
Under the pseudonym Andrzej Albert,3 he published books about Polish history in the twentieth-century (1918-1980) and in the time since 1945 which was synthesis of the political history of the world since. The books were edited in single and three-band releases, but only in the Polish and English language.
- 1995: Masters (1971), Doctorate (1978) and professor
- 1988-1989: Lecturer at the Wilson Center, Washington, D.C., USA
- 2000-2002: Vice-rector at the Warsaw School of Economics (1990–1993), director of the Institute of Political Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN) (1994–2000), Kościuszko Chair of Polish Studies, University of Virginia, USA
- 1980-1993: Member of the independent self-governing trade union NSZZ Solidarność
- Chairman of the 'S' group at the Socio-Economics Dept
- 1980-1981: of the Warsaw School of Economics
- 1996-1998: Chairman of the Wilson Center European Alumni Association
- 1982-1986: Author of historical books
- since 1990: about 400 000 copies published, including 'Najnowsza historia Polski', underground publication (under the pseudonym Andrzej Albert), with a dozen or more official publications
Najnowsza historia Polski, 1918-1980. Warsawa 1983.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wojciech Roszkowski.|
- "List of Fellows". ci.edu.pl. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- "Prague Declaration: Selected signatories". Institute for Information on the Crimes of Communism. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/28356/mep.html Curriculum vitae of the MEP
- European Parliament biography of Wojciech Roszkowski (incl. Speeches, Questions and Motions)
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Polish)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Polish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|